Monday, October 8, 2012

Video interview with Dr. Mercola & Dr. Davis

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/10/07/devra-davis-on-cell-phone-dangers.aspx?e_cid=20121007_PRSNL_Art_1

Dr. Davis truly has an impressive background, which only adds to the authority of what she has to say... one of her accomplishments was acting as the founding director at the U.S. National Academy of Sciences, on the Board of Environmental Studies and Toxicology, which is the board that reviewed studies and data on such things as, "Is passive smoke harmful for you?," or "Is asbestos in the environment a bad thing?"

Imagine her surprise when she started to dig deeper into the issue In 2004, just as cell phone technology was beginning to take off, even Dr. Davis assumed they were safe: "When I worked at the academy, we brought together groups to evaluate whether or not we had enough evidence to say X, Y, or Z. Having been in that position where I would convene expert scientists around the world, I thought I knew. If there was a problem, I would know about it. And I figured that cellphones had to be safe. At that time, I owned three of them."
"...the cellphone itself has always been assumed to be safe," Dr. Davis said. "I assumed it was safe. And I assumed that if there was a problem, I'd know about it, because after all, I worked with the best scientists in the world, and we were all using these devices. Well, I was really shocked when I started to look into it. I looked into it because I understood the history of tobacco and asbestos, and I had been part of that history."
Dr. Davis continues:
"Adam Yauch, formerly 'MCA' of the Beastie Boys, died of a malignant parotid gland tumor of his left cheek. I believe he was left-handed. We need to find that out. But if he was, then the cellphones and wireless devices that he used all the time in his music business could explain this. Because the average case of a parotid gland tumor is diagnosed in their late 50s; he [was diagnosed at age 43 or 44].  In Israel, one in five cases now is under the age of 20. This is a very rare tumor, but it is occurring in young people. That is why the Israeli government has issued warnings about children using cellphones. The Israeli Dental Association has issued a warning as well, because of the dramatic increase in a very rare and malignant tumor of the cheek."
  • A cell phone is a two-way microwave-radiating device that has been associated with brain tumors and salivary gland tumors, weakened sperm production and cell membranes, hearing loss and tinnitus, among other issues
  • Adults should not keep a cell phone in a pocket or on the body, and should use an air-tube headset or the speakerphone feature as much as possible, remembering that ‘distance is your friend.’

No comments:

Post a Comment